Who has a key to your home?
Buying a new home can be a thrilling process, being the victim of a home invasion, can be terrifying.
If you recently moved into a new residence, you may not be the only person with a key to your front door. While a home is under construction or on the market, keys are frequently shared with multiple individuals. Having your home locks rekeyed by a professional locksmith is one of the first steps you can take to ensure your peace of mind and safety at home. Ask us about other ways that you can enhance your home security, such as CCTV Cameras.
Why should I rekey my home?
There are many reasons having your properties locks rekeyed, including:
- You’ve just moved into a home.
- You’ve lost one or more keys.
- Your home has been broken into.
- Your purse or wallet was stolen, with your keys inside.
- Your current lock is worn out or giving you problems.
- You want to be able to use one key to open all the doors in your home.
- Your current lock is a low security contractor’s grade, and you want something more secure.
- You’ve lost track of who has a copy of your key or someone has failed to return their copy.
Having your locks rekeyed is more cost effective that going out and purchasing new deadbolts and doorknobs for your home, especially if the hardware you have is in great condition but you don’t have any keys.